Malaysian Muse
Monday, February 12, 2007
  Tribute to my father
On January 27th 2007, the opposition political party Keadilan organised a low-key affair to remember activists who fought to make changes to the current political system. The evening was aptly called "A Tribute to Reformasi Heroes." Read the Malaysiakini report here.

My father, MGG Pillai was one of the people honoured that night with song and poetry. My family and I are deeply touched by this honour accorded to him. He has made a difference, albeit, a small imprint on the consciousness of this country which is fast losing its soul and direction.

While real changes in the Malaysian political system is still wanting, I am still optimistic that in due time, the political corruption which is causing great impediment towards the attainment of complete, holistic changes, will be eventually removed.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
I will occassionally write about developments in Malaysia and throw in my creative thoughts. I am a former journalist.

Archives
August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]